Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Friday, May 11, 2009




One of the many things that Brian did for me for Mother’s Day was he entered a contest put on by Becky Abernathy, our photographer. She asked everyone to post on her blog “about how your wife that makes her the best mom ever”...and yes, he WON!!!! I thought I would share what he wrote because it touched my heart...


Heather has always been a caring woman, as evidenced by her love for her job working with children with special needs. But it wasn't until we had our beautiful son, Jack, with his own set of special needs, that I was able to witness up close my wife's unending love for children, and particularly for Jack. During Heather's pregnancy and even when Jack was born, we had no reason to suspect that Jack suffered from any complications. However, not long after his birth we learned that, while he is a perfect little boy, he carries with him an imperfect heart. During this difficult time, Heather was a rock for me, exemplifying leadership in the household that I can only hope to one day repay. I love my wife for everything that she is... beautiful, caring, loving, patient, and strong. Happy Mother's Day!


The first Mother’s Day for me was awesome!! I loved hanging out with Brian and Jack. I am truly very blessed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment