Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Friday, September 25, 2009

Jack's First Easter

Wednesday, April 15, 2009




Jack had a great Easter!! He got all dressed up, thanks to Grandman and Gramma and we went to Easter service at Dawson Baptist church with my sister, brother-in-law and his parents. Jack did great at first in the service but started talking, so I took him out in the hall. While in the hall, the director of the children’s fellowship came up to me to see if Jack wanted to go to the nursery. I guess the look on my face answered the question before I could get the words out. I expressed my concerns and touched on his heart...She talked to me about there nursery program for a little bit and said that I could stay with him for awhile if I wanted. (Not wanting to look to bad) I went to the nursery class to check it out. There were only 2 other babies, and one of the three nursery workers that Sunday was a nurse. We got to talking and she was very familiar with Jack condition and promised me that she would make sure to only give him toys that had been cleaned. Reluctantly, I got my pager and left him in the nursery for the remainder of church. I did not hear anything for that 20 minutes...I just kept waiting for church to be over so I could go get him. I even left while everyone was singing to get him. The nursery workers said he had a blast!!!



After church we went over to Brian’s mom house to visit and let them see how cute Jack looked.



















No comments:

Post a Comment