Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Friday, December 10, 2010

HUGE NEWS!!!

Something amazing happened last night.  This step down cardiac unit can be very depressing.  There are just so many sick babies, kids, and adults just waiting...most waiting for a heart transplant.  I can not imagine just how that feeling must be...just sitting and waiting for another life to pass, so your kid can get a heart and live.  But last night, the most amazing thing happened that even words can not begin to explain it.  Our suite mate, the little boy who needs a heart, got the call!!!  He got his heart!!!  They got the news at 11:00pm and he went into surgery at 6:00am this morning.  I get chills just thinking about it again.  I am just so very happy for this sweet little man and his family.  Please lift this family up in your prayers that the surgery goes perfectly and his body loves ands excepts his new heart.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news. Transplant is so bittersweet, but I'm thrilled that you guys were able to witness such a blessing for that family.

    I'm so glad Jack is improving. That is also an answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news. I have tears in my eyes right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I got chills reading your post. That's awesome. Sorry I didn't know yall were up there now. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete