Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Is this day over yet?

Wow, it has been a long day!  I feel like the room is getting smaller, too.  Our new suite mate has left for home, and yet we still sit.  Jack is starting to loose it...and so am I.  I feel, at times, if I hear the word "no" one more time I am going to scream.  

So, it looks as though the chest tubes are not coming out tomorrow...hopefully Monday.  He did get out the external pacer wires and the IV in his hand.  So, all we have are the chest tubes.  He still has not pooped, despite getting every pooping drug out there.  Not much has changed from earlier. 

It is Brian's turn to stay with Jack tonight, so I at least get some sleep.  

I ran into the sweet baby's mama that got the heart, and she said that he is doing great!  His breathing tube and one chest tube is gone.  His mom did say that we they removed his old heart it was so deteriorated that he could of had an aneurysm at any moment.  He is one lucky little boy!!  I told mom that all of you guys are praying for them and she was so touched!!

Some new pics from today!  He got a Thomas the train toy from the playroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment