Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Five Months Old

Tuesday, December 2, 2008






I can not believe it has been 5 months since Jack was born. So, much has happened...and I have to say that this month is my favorite to date!!! He is so much fun. He is trying to roll...all 18 pounds 9 ounces of him. He will roll from back to tummy...and has rolled from tummy to back once. He much prefers to sit with support or in the exersaucer to play. We have started some baby food. I am not as loyal about spoon feeding...I just hate messes so eating is not my favorite thing. Jack is not crazy about it, but what kiddo is at first? I think he is going to keep his blue eyes, which I am so excited about. And I think he is starting to look more like me...well, at least that is what some people say.


Health wise Jack is doing wonderful. He is still just as “stable” as he always has been. I don’t know what I am going to do when his little heart decides to start having problems. I am so use to every check up being so positive. We have not heard back from Dr. Brietbart, but as of right now we are not doing the heart cath in January. I am not willing to take the risk at this point.


For thanksgiving we drove down to Mobile to visit Brian’s dad and stepmom. We left after bath and nighttime bottle on tuesday and came back early morning on Thursday. Jack did great traveling...he slept almost the whole time each way. I was very proud of him. I have to admit I was not happy about making the drive with him, but he proved me wrong...yet again and did great. Way to go, son!!!


We are getting ready for our trip to Chile. Brian and I are so excited, but it is going to be very hard to leave Jack. He is off to stay with my dad and Nena. The worse part is we are going to miss out on Jack’s first Christmas. We leave on the 19th and don’t return until late on the 28th. Brian and I have decided that we are going to redo Christmas when we get back. The best part about Jack staying with Dad and Nena is he will be around tons of kids!! I am so thankful for Nena’s big family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment