Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Monday, September 1, 2008




For Labor day this year, Brian and I decided to pack up the car and make the 8 hour trip to Sullivan’s Island, an island right outside of Charleston, SC. My aunt and uncle have a beach house there. I never new adding one little boy would require the addition of so much stuff for a trip. We almost had to trade in my pilot for a bigger SUV just for the extra stuff. We brought so much...well, we could not travel with out Mr. Star and the play gym, the rainforest bouncer seat, and tons of Jack’s favorite toys. Yes, we were only going for 3 days...but I did not want my kid getting bored. :) The drive over was not so bad. I sat in the back with Jack and played with him when he was awake to keep him on his normal schedule so he would still sleep that night. We only had to stop to feed him twice. I was very impressed with how well he did in the car. I even brought the breast pump and pumped while we drove. Thank goodness for tinted windows!!!


The beach was wonderful!! My aunt and uncle where there. My aunt’s two sisters. My dad and Nena. And my sister and Todd. I don’t think Brian and I even got to hold Jack except for putting him down for naps and bedtime. It was so relaxing for us and refreshing. The best part was that Jack started sleeping 11 hours...yes you read that right...11 hours. I am officially in heaven!! He now goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up at 6:30.


I had a lot of fun spending time with family and drinking wonderful wines!!! It has been a long time since I have gotten to taste my uncle’s wines and it was very tasty.


My uncle got his boat ready and dad, Ashley, Todd, Uncle Ed, Brian and I went out on the ocean while Jack stated home with my aunt and her sisters and Nena. It was so much fun to float away for a couple of hours. We drove to a small island away from Sullivan’s Island and Todd got some great pictures of a lighthouse and of the beach house from the ocean.


The biggest part of the trip was Jack’s first time in the pool. He loved it. He loves his baths, so since Aunt Suzan’s pool is heated I knew he would love it, too. I think Brian had just as much fun as he did!! Jack is a born swimmer!!!


Overall our trip was wonderful!!! I think for our first time driving with Jack and being away it was amazing. We can’t wait to go back. Sullivan’s Island is so relaxing and to just sit on the porch and rock while staring out at the ocean is just an amazing thing!! It truly is the most wonderful place on earth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment