Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Learning about grandma



Friday, October 24, 2008




Today is an emotional day for me. My mom would have been 61 today. It has been almost 5 years since my mom lost her long battle to breast and bone cancer. I spent the day telling Jack all about her and showing him pictures of her. It is hard to believe that he will never get to meet and know her. He will never get to share with her some of the amazing memories I have with her. She would have loved him so much!! She always wanted grandchildren...and I hate that she did not get a chance to experience being a grandmother. Jack has her joy for life!! I am lucky to be able to see that trait of her in him.


Through the last four months, I have had to learn to be a strong person despite what life throws your way. I like to think that I get my strength from my mom. She was the bravest and strongest person I know. Even through all the years that she battled cancer, she never let it rule or control her life. She lived life despite cancer. She lived life for me and my sister. One day Jack will get to really know who his grandmother was, but for now I just show him pictures. Being a mom is the most wonderful gift that anyone could receive. My mom always told me about the love a mother has for her children, and I finally understand what she was talking about.


Happy Birthday, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment