Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Going to Church

Monday, December 8, 2008





Yesterday was the first time we have been to church since Jack was born. It was so great to be able to go and “feel” like a normal family. We have not gone before now because the doctors told us to stay clear of the nursery and I didn’t like the idea of just Brian or me going. One of my great friends was singing a solo and I just could not miss it!! Since Jack can not go to child care, I sat in the back and held him. Jack did great. He listened, ate, and slept. He did better then I thought he was going to do. He is already teaching me not to doubt him. I got more emotional about being at church then I thought I would... In some way it reminded me how Jack is not like other babies. It is funny, but I wish I could put him in the nursery, get a pager and enjoy church... It is just one more thing to remind me that my son is not 100% healthy and it makes me sad and scared for the unknown...


My friend was amazing. She sang a Faith Hill song, A baby changes everything. It touch my soul...and I know it touched everyone in the sanctuary. God has truly blessed her with a gift...and she shared it with all in attendance yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment