Photo by Becky Abernathy at Abernathy Photographics

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trying to understand...

Monday, February 2, 2009


I had a hard weekend, emotionally. I just don’t understand death of children. God brings children into the world...why take them out so early?


I reconnected to a high school friend at the end of last week through good ole facebook, and I found out that one of her twin boys died suddenly at Christmas with a brain tumor at 15 months. This sweet, innocent, and happy little boy had not shown any symptoms before his death and the family had no idea he had a tumor growing inside his little head. Just one morning he did not wake up...


Then, over the weekend a couple (friends of some friends) lost their 12 week old baby. The baby had been taking a nap and just did not wake up...apparently the baby aspirated in his sleep...


I found myself rocking Jack to sleep on Saturday and just crying. My heart goes out to these families...how can they go on? How do they explain these deaths to their other children, who are too young to even understand and remember their sibling/twin? I found myself wondering, How did I get so lucky that God has spared my son and taken these other ones? Jack has so much going on inside of him, and yet he continues to thrive each and everyday. These other children had their whole lives in front of them, yet it was cut way to short. I am so sorry to be a downer today, but I just had to share. This has really taken a lot out of me. My heart just aches for these families...


I know life is so precious...but it really hit home this weekend. So, enjoy everyday!!! Love your children everyday and be thankful for them everyday...because we just don’t know what tomorrow brings us...

No comments:

Post a Comment